Thursday, May 16, 2013

Here we are already, the last day of PreK

HOLY SMOKES time goes FAST!  I pointed out to J today that we only have 13 more school years before C graduates. That may seem like a lot when you are a kid, or even a teacher, but MAN, PreK went FAST and I know the rest will as well.  However, I couldn't be happier with this past year.  Carson has REALLY enjoyed school, well, with the exception of the start time.  He is my sleepy head and most nights 12 hours isn't enough- PreK wipes him out!

This past year was spent in C's words "learning and learning and playing and learning."  I never was told he could remember what he learned, but he learned  a lot he said.  And he did!  I did too!  Having a kid in school isn't like it was in my days- or at least in my family.  Parental involvement is HUGE and working and being involved is HARD.  BUT, between J and I, I'm PRETTY sure we made it to most major events, minus the VDay part that I had no idea parents went to... Carson had the BEST PreK teachers I could have asked for, Rachel Schooler and Laura Farmer.  Carson LOVED them!  And I LOVED them for always keeping me informed, especially when C would not... Not knowing what he does all day was really a hard adjustment.  We got pretty detailed sheets in Mothers Day Out AND I got to chat daily with the teacher.  Mrs. Schooler always seemed to have the best timing when she'd send me pics on my phone.  They always came on the days I was worried about him for some reason, missing him, or just feeling guilty for being so busy.  Those two ladies made this experience so great! 

During this year in PreK C played soccer on two soccer teams, one outdoor this fall, and indoor this spring. We coached both teams and had a ball!  I'm pretty sure we are fixing to wrap up our last season with him and send him on to Shawnee Soccer Association next fall if he wants to play. 

We went to bday parties, road races, football games, Thunder games, and had so much fun doing it all!  I can't wait for all the years to come, but I won't lie, I sure do love 5 and I wish we could stay 5 for just a liiiitle bit longer... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment