Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Carson's Big Changes

We were told over and over again that our little baby would grow up fast. And I saw how fast he would grow and believed. But I didn't expect such FAST personality changes! Every few weeks I seriously feel like I have a new kid living in my home. And yes, I meant to say kid. Carson Dane is turning in to a singin', dancin, zoom zoomin', sound makin', KID! Here are some big steps he's had recently:

Carson is now sleeping in his "big boy" bed. And WOW was that easy! We had ONE night of struggle, and a couple of nights that he fell asleep on the floor instead and sometimes at nap time I have to put him back in bed, but overall, I just lay him down and give kisses and he stays in till he falls asleep. AND he stays in there till I go up and get him in the morning! HOLY COW!!!!

Carson started school last week. And as expected, he is doing GREAT! He has gone twice and he hasn't cried once! He even slept at naptime yesterday. He thinks school is really cool because he plays with friends and he does something else that he always talks about but I can't really understand what he is trying to say. He gets in the car and tells me all about his day, of course, I only get about half of it.

BEST THING! He is turning into such a little helper. I bragged on facebook the other day about finding him cleaning the floor after his snack on his hands and knees- I'm sure I have no idea where he learned such detailed cleaning methods- I clean nothing on my knees! He then put his dishes in the sink!!!! I'm sure he did NOT learn that from his dad! And then he went to the bathroom and went pee in the potty. NO CUES were given by me! He just went about like he did that everyday.

I'm learning something about him also...he is STUBBORN. I'm sure I have no idea where he got that either... Certainly not from either parent... To deal with this stubborn attitude, I have learned to just tell him what needs to happen and go on about my business. Whether it's eatting or putting up a toy. If I just say "Carson this needs to be done soon" within two minutes it's done. He just likes to do it on his time. WAIT! That MUST be from his dad. That is Josh's excuse for not doing things like putting his dishes, shoes, hats, pants, coats, etc away- he says "I'll get to it in my time"...which normally means, "you'll do it before I get to it b/c my time is not quick enough for you." Oh well. One way or another, things get done!

I just LOVE each change that comes our way. Carson is such a funny little man and I just can't wait to see what he'll be like next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment