Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh Yea, I'm Pregnant...

So I thought I'd take a minute to catch up on the pregnancy. I'm supposed to be changing the guest sheets so my mother in law doesn't have to sleep in the dog hair...but I'll get to that... Anyway, I feel I haven't said much about the baby since I found out it was a girl. Since I found that out I've kinda been stuck in "Now what??" mode. So, in an attempt to get myself more excited about the idea of a girl, we've been diving into getting things ready for her. Keep in mind, I was ready for Carson BY 20 weeks- this one I STARTED around 23... Guess second time around you do realize just how long 9 months really is.

We've painted rooms, furniture, letters, hung fans and fantastic lights, bought bedding...



Made use of bumpers and quilts from Carson's bedding by decorating the game room with these things...








And I just got back from the doctor for my 27 week check up. Everything looks great and we will be talking in more detail about my VBAC options next time. So far I'm on pace to gain about 20 pounds this pregnancy. I've gained 7 so far. So if I only gain a pound a week from here on I'll be pretty happy. I'm going to have to work hard on eating things that are good for me and not pigging out just b/c this is my last pregnancy. I've also hit the "every two weeks" point, which last time really sped things along. So I'm sure these next 13 or so weeks will fly by! Then, the real adventure begins..

You see, I have decided, I HAVE NO BUSINESS WITH TWO KIDS! I mean, I am more prepared than many in this world, we DO have out own insurance that WE pay for, we own a home, two cars, we have college funds in place and cord blood banked, I just mean, ME, who doesn't really do the "mom" role well, with TWO kids. I just don't even know where to start...Maybe I should put camera's around the house and post videos online, I bet someone wants an entertaining reality show. We could call it "What Was She THINKING???" All I do know is, Lyla better sleep like her brother. And if anyone tells me she'll do the opposite, I WILL defriend you.

So those of you who read this, in 13ish weeks, this blog may get a lot more entertaining as I continue to make my best attempt at this "mom" thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment