Wednesday, August 25, 2010

For better or worse...

Stress can really challenge a marriage. I have many friends who fight with their spouse when times are tough and nerves are short. Our current situation was one that I was braced for. I told Josh going in that we may start fighting. Which is strange for us b/c we just don't really fight. I was ready to feel like I was carrying the load and ready to feel a lot of frustration towards Josh, but it hasn't happened.

My husband has been FANTASTIC! He has been the peace maker after work. He walks in the door at night and immediately begins the dinner/bath/bedtime routine. He has been wonderful at keeping my stress knots out of my shoulders, (the other day they were so bad I couldn't hardly stand to get them rubbed) and in the midst of all this he gave me, what is currently my favorite gift ever- a necklace with my kids names on one charm and "love you to the moon" on the other. As stated in a previous blog, this is the best line my baby boy speaks in my opinion.

It is times like this that I realize how lucky Josh and I are. I don't know if it's the 10 years of friendship before dating or the way that we've designed our marriage or just luck, but I have been so thankful to have such a strong relationship. I am blessed to have such a supportive husband who doesn't think I'm nuts for trying to do everything at once, who remembers to tell me he loves me everyday, who always makes sure I am ok, and who wants to spend as much time with me as he can.

My kids are so lucky to have a dad who doesn't need "his" time after work, who takes CARE of them, who will sit and read with them, wrestle with them, watch dumb cartoons with them, who tells them ALL THE TIME just how much he loves them, and who wants to spend as much time with THEM as he can.

It is times like this that I feel life is better than I deserve. Even without a house...

No comments:

Post a Comment