Sunday, November 6, 2011

November...

Is off to a bumpy start. No seriously. We were woken up by an earthquake two nights in a row. The first night, was quick. J and I jumped out of bed and ran in circles trying to figure out what blew into our house or what blew up. Only when we turned to facebook did we find out that is was actually a 4.2 (or something) earthquake. In OKLAHOMA.

Then Saturday night J had just gotten in bed, I was passed out from lack of sleep from the night before, when boooommmm again. This time it lasted what seemed like FOREVER. I think it was only a minute, but it was seriously one of the scariest moments of my life. J and I ran to our kids hall, completely expecting them to be awake. After all, it was LOUD. and we were SHAKING. They slept through it. But we were shook up.

So, we got on facebook to find out that it was a 5.6. I'll just say that I don't want to feel ANY bigger. The rest of the night was spent trying to fall asleep, once we would, an aftershock would hit. not cool.

At one point C came in, between aftershocks, and said he was scared of a monster. This was normal, so I assumed he actually didn't feel anything, after all, he slept through the other two. I just kept thinking how happy I was that he didn't get what was going on b/c I didn't want him to feel as scared as I was.

I think there were something like 20 earthquakes in all, or more. We felt them getting ready for church, in the afternoon, evening. Even got to see the damage at a local college where they had part of their building fall. However, J was proud to find out that he did build an "Earthquake proof swing set". ha.

This afternoon I asked C why he slept in our room. He said he was scared. I asked why. He said "well, because the floor was shaking." Guess it didn't slip by after all. :(

Turns out I am an earthquake chicken! Earthquakes and roller coasters are NOT my thing. Apparently I like to be on solid STILL ground. I am just hoping that this crazy paranoia ends soon. Any noise I hear I'm afraid another is coming, yes you can hear them COMING. Every time I am shaken, like at church by the guys foot behind me, I get that creepy feeling all over again. And I don't really want to go to sleep, because it is NOT a good thing to wake up to. Earthquakes just suck. You don't know when they are coming or when they are gonna STOP. not cool.

Sure hope November smooths out...

No comments:

Post a Comment