Friday, December 2, 2011

November wrap up

Look at me! I'm following through with my plan. Today as I sit on my couch enjoying my coffee by the fire watching the two loves of my life play, I am trying to figure out where November went... I had to look back to my calendar to remember some highlights...
We took L and C to L's first OU game against A&M. We walked all around before the game looking at all the people, the band, the ponies and had a ball. Well, until L got caught up in a stampede of people... Bad mom. We even made it until half time! Which was impressive bc it was SO windy that day we had to hold on to them for dear life! We are very thankful to our good friends Brian and Elizabeth for sharing their tickets with us!
The next weekend C got to go to his "best friends" birthday party. He was so excited to go to Casen's house. The whole family loaded up and enjoyed a great time at the party eating hotdogs, going on hay rides, and bouncing in the enflatatables. Ok, ok, J and I just watched, but we did eat hotdogs!
The next weekend was a little crazy. J went to deer camp and the kids and I loaded up for norman, where I had pictures to take and Girlfriends to play with. Loved watching the game with Tracy, Lindsey and crew, even though He'll froze over and OU lost to Baylor. Seriously don't think there was a single OU fan who saw that coming. In our lifetime. Oh well, found out that day that I'm growing up I guess and football is just becoming a fun thing to do, it no longer ruins my life if we lose. And I really no longer like the trash talk.
The next weekend we GOT BUSY! I was out of school Wednesday and decided that my house's colors didn't match my Christmas decorations, so I decided to repaint. I think my husband now has proof that Im crazy. But it look SO much better and looks good with the tree. Thursday was our only non-productive day since it was Thanksgiving of course. We spent the day in Duncan and got back that night ready to get back to work.
Friday we did all our decorating, inside and out. I LOVE decorating for Christmas. I always wish I had more stuff to out out. This year was extra special bc Carson was actually helpful! He really helped me decorate the tree. It was so fun! L took a nap for most of it, so it was fun just hanging with C dog. Friday night my mother in law came up to keep the kids so we could do our Christmas shopping Saturday and then enjoy a night out with our dinner club. Then Sunday we wrapped. Now, it's all nice and pretty and DONE!
Th earthquakes have calmed down as well. We have still had several, but we arent feeling them most of the time. They are so small now that I can blame it on the heater kicking on or something, like I prefer.
We have also started our nightly family advent activities. Wll blog about those later, and we are on the countdown to vacation! Yesss.
Well, that about wraps up November. Busy, fun, and a little shaky.
And now we are on the countdown to our first vacation as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment