Friday, March 23, 2012

6 year anniversary

Josh and I recently celebrated our 6th year anniversary and it was SO blog-worthy but I am just now sitting down to write about it. You see, Josh did it up right after a pretty darn stressful year, sometimes you just gotta celebrate, right?

The most amazing thing about this is Josh surprised me. Which he NEVER does. Not that he doesn't try, I just normally figure it out. I had made plans for the kids to stay with my mom thinking that we could at least go to dinner and a movie and sleep in (woohoo!). I had told J that all I wanted for my anniversary was to not have to make a decision. And man, I sure didn't! We dropped the kids off at my moms and we were free. I was told to dress cozy/cute so I was thinking maybe a sporting event or something. Anyway, we took off to OKC. We passed the south side, Bass Pro, Bricktown and finally exited on NW 63rd. I'm still thinking dinner when we pulled into the Waterford Marriott, where we spent our wedding night. I was told by J on the way there that there were two rules, one, I have to do whatever is planned with no concerns about money/time or whatever and two, no talking about the kids. DONE!

SO, back to the hotel. We pulled in and just walked into the hotel. With my purse. That's it. J checked in and we headed up to our suite. When we got there I saw white gift sacks and our luggage. J said that I had about an hour to get ready and handed me a sack. Inside was a new black dress for dinner. He said he had all my toiletries and make up and jewelry options and even shoes waiting. SERIOUSLY?

So I got ready, yes, the dress fit, J knew that b/c he had compared it with another dress of mine... wo.. and we got in the car for dinner. J dropped me off at the door of my most favorite restaurant in the whole wide world- The Melting Pot. We were there before our reservations so of course, we hung out in the bar and enjoyed some wine...Until my mother called- Lyla was having diarrhea every where. Great. So much for rule number 2...Despite a sick baby dinner was awesome and even though they are no longer serving my most favorite dessert ever we had a wonderful time!

After dinner we went back to the hotel where there was a jazz band and champagne. We tried real hard to not worry about L and just sit back and have a relaxing time. Until we got tired. Of COURSE. We get time alone and fall asleep!

The next morning J brought me breakfast in bed and handed me another sack. This sack had cozy clothes in it. We had gone on an 8 mile run the day before so I was like, are we running again? No... We packed up and went to check out but not before a detour in the hotel's spa for a much needed couples massage. Remember, 8 mile run the day before. Perfect timing!

Our time was up after that, but it was SUCH a perfect night I told J we can just do that every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment