Monday, December 14, 2009

Lessons Learned

I have learned many lessons during my life, but none have compared to the lessons learned since the arrival of Carson. It all began just days after bringing him home from the hospital when my dad kindly volunteered to change C’s diaper so I could shower. I came out and my dad proudly announced “I took that thing off his pecker!” I said “Dad! They told us NOT to pull that off!” He felt VERY bad, but his response was “well, someone should warn a man about things hangin’ off someone’s pecker!” LESSON 1. Since then the lessons have continued to be learned and TAUGHT. Many of which I NEVER thought I’d be teaching. I’ve taught Carson to not eat bugs, dog food, not to put things in the dogs…you know…, I’ve explained that you shouldn’t pee pee on the slide to cool it off, not to hit mama in the face, not to touch mama’s body parts, and not to put food in our hair. I’ve taught him lessons I thought I’d have years to teach like, keeping his pants on, and leaving HER shirt on. I’ve caught him kissing a strange girl at a circus and I’ve had to explain to him it’s not nice to take off bikini tops. He’s learned diving face first off our couch hurts, and that dirt taste bad. He’s learned not to color the dog pink with chalk and not to rip my CD player out of my laptop. Of course, that lesson was learned too late. But perhaps the one lesson I NEVER thought I’d have to teach my baby boy was taught this weekend when I had to say to Carson Dane, “do NOT to hit your wee wee with your bat”. I think he knows everything he needs to know now, don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment