Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's a girl!?!?!?

I have always imagined having two little boys running around. Well, after I found out Carson was a boy that is. For some reason, the whole GIRL thing is SO hard for me to get my head around. I think I'd have an easier time if they had said "It's a lizard!" I think I would feel equally prepared to raise a lizard as a girl. Why you may ask? Well, if you know me, then you know that I have almost two toenails painted, all my finger nails chewed off, my hair hasn't been colored or cut in half a year, my eyebrows need waxing, I just washed my hair for the first time in three days, I hate shopping, I don't see a need for more than two pairs of jeans, I have about 3 necklaces and 2.5 pairs of earrings, I never change purses, but I do have two, one brown and one black, I currently don't even own a belt, I really am not sure how to put on eye make-up though I try occassionally, basically- I lack all the "girly" qualities. So how in the world am I suppossed to raise one? I do like pink however. That's good right? There can't be much more to it than that right? Just make things pink and I'm good? (yea right!)

Now don't get me wrong, I am very happy to be having a girl and SO happy that the baby is health (and looks pretty so far) I am just confused. I am also sad to not getting to be use all Carson's cute stuff again. I really wasn't finished with it all in the first place. BUT, I do feel that the family will be complete. I do not worry that I'll want a third to "try for a girl this time" b/c I would fear that I would have ANOTHER girl! And I would cry.

So, for now, I guess I'm going to look for a job. Girls sound expensive. Well, I guess unless I raise them like myself- then they'll just need beer money occasionally.

1 comment:

  1. Kendall! You're great...and you crack me up! With you as a mom she'll be adorable, witty, and so much fun to be around! -Kelli Ann

    ReplyDelete