Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Who Cares?!?!

Many of my good friends and family are aware that I haven't adjusted to my new life very gracefully...staying at home is not for me, not having people to talk to all day is not for me and missing out on the lake is NOT FOR ME... but I realized yesterday that there is something I think EVERYDAY at least once.

At some point during my day, that normally bores me to death, I look at Carson and think, "Man, I am the luckiest person in the WORLD because he is my kid". Then I realized how cool it is that EVERY mom thinks that. Well, until our kids start to suck that is. But think about it, even if your kid doesn't have some "desirable qualities" like height, athleticism, good hair, good looks, intelligence- YOU, as a mom STILL think “Man, I am the luckiest person in the WORLD because that is MY kid”. I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life that I have felt I am so lucky EVERYDAY. (Sorry Josh, I love you, but let’s admit it, we BOTH know who we would be married to before we had the “I am the luckiest boy/girl in the WORLD” thoughts EVERYDAY about THAT….)

I think that this realization of my good luck may be why I have stopped caring so much about other things in life that I used to care about. Like what people think about my appearance- “WHO CARES!?!? Carson doesn’t mind looking at me”- or my house-“WHO CARES!?!? Carson lives here with me”- or what I drive “WHO CARES!?!? I get to drive Carson around in this”- or how much money we have- “WHO CARES!?!? I spend what I have on Carson”- or what I smell like- “WHO CARES!?!? JUST KIDDING! I still care about that! Although I have gone to work smelling like puke- but “WHO CARES!?!? It’s CARSON’S puke”.

All this being said, maybe this is why we have children, so we can feel lucky EVERYDAY. Maybe it’s selfish, whatever, I like how it feels, it makes me happy, and I let Carson know everyday how lucky he makes me feel to be his mom. I just hope I feel the same about Lyla…:)

No comments:

Post a Comment