Friday, April 8, 2011

Ten years later

Ten years ago today it was the eve of the day that I thought would change my life forever- I was turning 21. At midnight we went to celebrate legally buying a drink and the next night went out big. I can remember, YES REMEMBER, everything from my 21st like it was yesterday. I had only wanted to go bowling with friends, but my boyfriend at the time also had a surprise party planned. So, AFTER bowling, we did it all right, three bars and 26 shots later I was 21. Now ten years later I sit. Thinking back over the last TEN years and I wonder how it went so fast. I think about how I've changed. Most important, I think about how I DON'T feel ANY older, if anything, YOUNGER. At 31 (tomorrow) I can say that I feel better than I ever did at 21. I am rested and needing less sleep to feel rested, I am physically stronger, I am lighter, my liver is happier, my lungs are MUCH happier, I eat right and at appropriate hours of the day, I take vitamins, I get daily exercise, I have successfully pushed my body farther than I ever did in my "youth". I feel GREAT. And I'm wondering, if this is how good I feel after only about 3 years of taking care of myself, can I trick myself into feeling even younger 10 years from now? maybe so. And maybe getting older won't be so bad after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment