Sunday, October 14, 2012

Carson's first fight...

Yes, it has already happened. C got sent to the office because he got in a fight. At first this horrified me, but then I got the whole story from Carson: "Well Mom, we were standing in line to go potty and I wanted to know where he lived. So I asked and he didn't hear me so then I tapped him with my foot on his leg and he turned around and hit me on the head. So I hit him back. Then my teacher took us to the office and gave us a talk. And he had to have an ice pack, but I didn't. (shrug) Guess I'm just tougher." Yes, I nearly drove off the road at this point because I was laughing so hard. After talking it over with J, he agreed with me that we aren't going to punish C for finishing fights, just for starting them. So of course, we had to address the reason it started....he used his FOOT to get someone's attention. His response "ok I'll use my elbow next time, like cowboys do". Ok ok. Let's clarify here..."C use your finger to tap someone. Your FINGER. No one will ever think you are hitting/kicking with your FINGER!" Oh geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment