Friday, July 11, 2014

C's bday and Christmas, Disney take 2, and Lyla's bday


  • So, we had Christmas in December,  now it's JULY and I'm trying to remember it.  It's kind of blurry now, mainly because it was very low key this year.  When you give your kids a trip to the most magical place on earth for Christmas and MAKE yourself not do your normal Christmas explosion on Christmas morning, there is less anticipation.  However, my kids still had a wonderful Christmas morning filled with toys, fun, and of course, bubble bread.  I seriously don't remember the timeline for the rest of the christmas's but I know we went to my moms, we had christmas with my dad, eventually with DeDe, and both moms.  However, most plans had to be rearranged due to our extended stay in Florida.  



  • Three days after Christmas we had Carson's bday of course.  This year was pretty awesome however, because it was EASY. All he wanted was to have three people over to play BeyBlades.  So, we invited kids and parents over and they played, ate pizza, had cake, and then the party continued until around midnight.  For his bday, Carson got a basketball goal and he was PUMPED.  He also got tons of BeyBlades and a new hat.  We had a wonderful day celebrating our sweet boy.


By the end of his birthday, I was still so confused that I had a SIX year old.  Of course, now, he is 6.5 and is talking about his 7th bday.  WOW.  Normally I'm all into the moment when I blog about bdays, and I'm not so much now, so I promise to blog better when he turns 7.


  • Shortly after C's bday I decided to go back to Disney to run with Emily in the Disney Marathon b/c our friend Lindsey got hurt.  It was Em's first full and I really wanted to get to run it with her anyway, so when L had to back out, I jumped on the opportunity.  So, I met E and her husband Colby at Downtown Disney for a night of fun, followed by a day at Animal Kingdom and Epcot, then another day of hitting the Expo and then relaxing by the pool getting rested before our 3am!?!? wake up call the next day for the race.  Since I didn't go into much detail about my first borns bday, I won't go into too much detail about this either, I'll just say it was FUN!  Disney had characters and even ships out at almost every mile, you could take pics with them, or as E and I preferred, take a selfie with the characters in the background, we could even ride rides with no waits.  We finished our race with a watch time that was 40-50 minutes faster than our official time, so we played for a LOT of the race.  After we finished, we walked over to Downtown Disney again to meet Colby, (who started 1.5 horus before us due to different coral starts) and to eat.  After lunch I had to hop back to the hotel and then to the airport to get back for the first day of school that was the next day. 



  • In April we had Lil Bit's bday.  She too wanted something easy (which was lucky b/c we had to cram it in between ball games) so we just had a Frozen singalong at a frozen yogurt shop. The little girls came in their favorite Frozen attire, Lyla in her Anna dress from Disney of course, and they sang, danced and ate cake and ice-cream, all really fast before a giant storm got to town.  It was quiet the day!  


Again, I promise to do better at 5.  BUT, this has been a BUSY spring and summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment