Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Battle of the Flying Poop

It began when my dad was visiting. Well, it had been happening for a while, but nothing like this. Suddenly, I hear my dad yelling, gagging, and running downstairs, saying, "I can't do it! You'll have to go in!" I run upstairs wondering what in the world could have happened that made a grown man run for his life- then I saw it- an armed baby. Two hands full of poop granades- and a full diaper waiting when he runs out. "Boom!" Came the first granade. The smell filled the room. The baby laughed and laughed at his first victory, thinking the battle was all wrapped up. "You will not win this I said". Quickly I captured the poop filled diaper and took it to safety, returning for the baby. While holding the baby out in the air trying to limit the damage I filled the bathtub and put him in, washing all the evidence of the hard fought battle away. After the baby was clean I returned to the battlefield, picked up all remaining pieces and sat the baby down for a talk.

Well the talk didn't work. The battle is still in full force. I have cleaned crib sheet after crib sheet, scrubbed poop off my furniture, my walls, Carson's toys, the crib, books, MYSELF and my only solution is...duct tape. When I tell people what I have resorted to, they look at my like I'm hurting my child. But I ask you all, WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

He thinks it's his "Magic Belt." I put a strip of duct tape across the front of his diaper so he can't open it as easy and I tell him the "magic belt" makes him run fast. He actually gets excited when I put the "magic belt" on and he says "RUN!" while moving his arms in a running motion real fast. He is slowly learning to keep his pants on. (A lesson that I though I had years before I had to teach) I feel my solution is actually working for now. So, why do I get such strange looks? Do I LET my child act like a non housebroken DOG pooping all over the house and maybe (my worst fear) even EATTING some of it? To me duct tape is a great idea. We are all happy. Carson runs faster than ever, I don't get poop pellets thrown at me, my water bill is lowering from less loads of laundry, and MAYBE if I can get this under control, my dad will come visit again...

No comments:

Post a Comment