Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our new routine

Well, so far I have proven true to form, and have been HORRIBLE at tracking our lives. But what else can I expect. I am finally sitting down now to give an update on our world....

As many of my friends and family know, I have had a hard time making the transistion to being a stay at home mom. Let's just say, I'm missing the domestic gene. My husband will second that! I really don't like cleaning, more like HATE cleaning, I'm a pretty terrible cook, I'm not "crafty", I don't decroate for the seasons, except Christmas, and I'm just not that good at entertaining young children! Even ones I love as much as I love Carson... BUT Carson and I are settling into a fairly good, semi productive routine.

Here's how our day goes. About 7-7:30, I hear "Mama!!!" from the intercome, so I drag out of of bed and head upstairs. Before I go any further, I'd like to comment on stairs. I have ALWAYS wished I had a two story house, ALWAYS, but now, NOW I dread my stairs. There LONG, HIGH, and miserable when sleepy and/or pregnant. Anyway, I drag myself upstairs, where I find Carson sitting in his bed, or jumping on it. The first thing he says it "Mama" the second is "poo poo". After much bribing I get him to get out of bed so we can change his diaper, which normally does NOT have a poo poo in it. We then head downstairs to "EEEEAAATTTT" and watch "SHOOOWWW". Shortly after breakfast we head out on our walk, followed by backyard/downstairs/errands/playgroups time till lunch. After lunch we head for nap time, which Carson GLADLY partakes in most days. After nap we "EEEAAATTT", and "PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, UPSTAIRS". (I cap everything b/c Carson yells everything that he's "Ci" (excited) about.) After about two hours of independent play, during which I actually get things done around here, like laundry, dinner, my shows, or facebook, you know important things- Carson comes back down for more "OUTSIDE" time. Then before we know it "DADA" is home and the ball throwing wrestling session begins! The boys act like boys till I make em eat. Then more "AH BOOM" till bath time- which my WONDERFUL husband almost always gives Carson- followed by reading and bed. Now reading is pretty fun! Carson is so sweet. He always picks out the book he wants and brings it to me. I read the book. Then being the sweet all-inclusive kid he is, ALWAYS says, "DADA" and takes the book over to Josh so he can read the exact same book again. We then have our kiss offs till Carson tells us or shows us that it's time for "SLEEP". We push play on his CD player and we see him the next day, when he is, as my DeDe says, "Brand new".

Now weekends- those are a whole other story!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great routine to me...now just wait until the new one comes. CHAOS! :)

    ReplyDelete