Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh dear...

SO. I had the day to myself since Carson was at school, and I thought it would be fun to shop for Lyla. When I began buying clothes for Carson, I remember feeling very cheated. The boys section was SOOO small and plain, while the girls section was SOOO big and cute. But I embraced it. I LOVE dressing Carson up like a little man. He has been one of the best dressed kids around. So when I found out I was having a girl, I thought, "well, at least I get to shop for a girl". And that's what I set out to do today. I went to our mall and began roaming through the girls clothes. But there are SOOO many! Girls have pants, shirts, shorts, carpi's, dresses, onsies, shirts, hats, bows, shoes...There is pink, purple, red, white, yellow...Racks and racks of options... I was so overwhelmed. Long story short, I went to five stores and left with just one pair of camo shorts...for Carson.

All this has made me think, while I want a little girl that looks at cute as her brother does, I just don't want to go overboard. It's hard giving away all those clothes only worn once (if worn at all). So I have decided to narrow my search. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy (and I don't mean by spending too much) trying to dress a girl. Lyla will get to spend the first six months of life living in 100+ degree weather- or at least it will feel like it- SO, I'm gonna stick to these little things...



Anyone know what they are called???

I will also buy some cute sun dresses and of course itsy bitty bikini's for the beach. We already have a ton on onsies, so I don't think I'll have to buy those...Oh, and hair things- but the smaller ones- I'm not girly enough for the bows that are as big as the babies head. Although I think they are precious, they just aren't me. And a couple of hats- again for the beach. Then I will start again around October for fall/winter... Maybe I'll feel more confident by then.

On top of all these clothes, Lyla won't be having a shower in Oklahoma because I just can't make the drive, so we will be buying most the things off our registry ourselves. Which is ok. We get 15% off our purchase. Plus any additional Babies R Us coupons I come across.

All in all, my first realization of the day was, girls are SO expensive! And my second, is "I STILL don't think I have enough girl in me to pull this off". Shopping for Lyla was just like shopping for myself- there were too many options and I just ended up in the boys section- they are so much easier to shop for. Which is more fun in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment