Thursday, February 18, 2010

To potty train or not to potty train???

So, Carson is showing ALL the signs that he is ready to be potty trained. He even goes to the potty (even the big one) at least once a day. The other day I found him naked and holding on for dear life to the big potty. I'd post the pic- but it shows his privates and he may kill me later...He understands the difference between the two and knows what comes out of where. I THINK he is ready. What I can't decide is whether or not it's worth training now or just to let it come more on his own time. I do know that it would be nice and cheaper to only have one kiddo in diapers full time... I just have a lack of motivation because changing diapers is LESS work for me than having him use the potty... He REALLY likes going. He REALLY likes going over and over again. And he'll push something out each time. So I need to figure out a way to get him to go and be done. He REALLY likes stickers- I'm thinking a chart that he can put a sticker on each time would be good because it would get his mind off the fun of flushing the toilet...I've also heard from some to NOT use pull-ups during the day- to just tough it out and clean up the mess since pull-ups allow them to cheat without being too uncomfortable. I'm rambling now. I think I just need to suck it up and try. If he's not ready, I'll wait longer... we do have big kid undies with airplanes on them that make him very happy... Maybe I'll start tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment