Monday, May 17, 2010

Lyla I Love...




Lyla I love...
that you snuggle up in our neck to get comfy
that you look so much like your brother that I call you Carson on accident
the way you hold your sweet hands together up to your face
that you suck on your finger when you are hungry
that you peck on my cheek if you're real hungry
that you smile sweetly in your sleep
that you make your brother so happy
the way you cuddle on your daddy's chest
that your name fits you so well
that you have the tiniest feet I've ever seen
that you have brought us so much happiness...


I have been trying to memorize so many things about you this past month. The way you smell, the way your soft hair feels on my face, the way your little body fits on my chest, the way you hold my finger while you sleep, the way your little lips feel on my cheek, the way you need me to hold you so you can sleep comfortably, the way you squeak in your sleep, all because I know now how fast it will pass. Soon enough you will have real hair, not fit on my chest, feed yourself and only be cozy in a bed to sleep. You won't need me because you will be strong and independent. I pray that is how you grow to be.

So for now, I will continue to try to freeze moments in my memory- even 2am moments and continue to remind myself in my exhaustion that it will end soon, too soon, restful nights also include a grown baby. Our last baby. Lyla, I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment