Thursday, May 6, 2010

Milk anyone???

SO these days people ask me how I'm feeling and most of the time I can control myself well enough to keep from telling the truth, which is "I FEEL like a milk cow." I'm sure this is the same thing every mom feels like with a newborn, but COME ON! How can one little girl eat/drink SOOO much? It's AMAZING!

Speaking of one little girl, here's another question, how can one little girl fart SOOOO much? Now THAT is what is REALLY amazing. I mean seriously, WOW! I can't even count the number of times I've been FOR SURE she needed her diaper changed, but nope. Just gas. Pretty sure she could win ANY contest. So I guess if other things don't work out for her, she'll have that...

Other than Lyla and I producing mass amounts of what we produce, things have been pretty good around here. I have to say, I am suprised how UN-overwhelmed I am with two kids. Looks like those hours I spent awake during pregnancy worried about this were just hours of wasted sleep that I'd die to have back now.

Sleep... how I miss you... Let me clarify, UNINTERUPTED sleep. I really am getting severl hours, at LEAST 6 each night, but I just HATE waking up. Once I'm awake, I'm ok, it's just those few seconds when she starts to cry that I find myself kicking my legs on the bed like a two year old having a tempter tantrum and whining a little about the situation. This is also the time of day when I miss formula. Because at LEAST I could say to Josh, "Your turn".

Speaking of "Your turn" don't all you mom's think that breast feeding is the LEAST God coulda allowed men to do to contribute to this process??? I mean, I'll help, but couldn't they work up a little lactation to at least contribute to this non-stop eating machine? At least a couple times a day... I guess that's why man (which by man, I'm sure it was WOman) invinted the pump...

2 comments:

  1. enjoy it kendall, i'd kill to be able to still breastfeed nora. you are doing good.
    xxoo,
    elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop. Please. It hurts to laugh. Yes. I too feel like a milk cow. Not only that, but it's either wake up to boobs that hurt SO bad or wake up in your own milk. So far, I've chosen the latter, but...

    ReplyDelete