Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Um who are you???

SO, I don't really have a lot of updating to do this week. Lyla is still a baby, still eating, crying, sleeping. You know, the norm. Carson is still 2.... BUT does seem to be coming out of his "Demon Phase". He really started responding in a VERY negative way about a month before Lyla was born. He started hitting at school, not minding, pushing, crying about everything, in fact, he wouldn't even smile in the morning when I would come up to get him. It has been awful!!! But the last week or so he has shown signs of the old Carson, and today when I took him to school, he didn't need to be held or convinced to stay, he just started playing and told me bye. He didn't need me at all!!! Just how I like him to be!!! Secure and happy.

Since that is about all the updates I have I thought I'd share my "SAY WHAT???" moment of the week...

So, my MIL, Kathy, kept L while C was in school on Monday so I could run to the store in peace. When I was checking out the cashier decided to make small talk. Which is fine with me. I'm from Seminole. I'm used to having a long conversation with strangers who work everywhere. Anyway, I was buying kid products, so she asked how my mothers day was. I said, "Great! We took our kids to an Astro's game" (which is baseball...and yes, it does sound like more of a FATHERS Day, but oh well...)She asked how old my kids were and I told her, 2 and 3 weeks. She then continued to tell me that 3 weeks is to young for that and asked why I wasn't worried. I told her "I didn't know what there was to worry about... It was indoors, and she can sleep on me in my sling as good as she can sleep any where. Besides", I told her, "I don't think my 2 year old and I should have to miss out on new experiences just because I decided to have another baby." She said, "True. But that's too young".

Needless to say I left there wondering who that cashier at HEB thinks she is dishing out advice...I guess that's what got her..never mind- that's too mean to type...

Just a side note- Lyla was awake and in awe most of the game. I believe she loved it as much as a three week old can love anything...

OK. So, agree with her if you want. That is fine. But we did the same thing with Carson and he is fine. But no matter how you feel about taking a baby in public securely attached to your body, I don't feel that it is EVER a strangers job to correct someones parenting style unless asked.

This experience almost outranks the time a complete stranger started wiping the spit up off Carson's mouth...with her HANDS!!!...during flu season...

So that's the end of the weeks update...hopefully a less irritated post will come next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment