Friday, October 22, 2010

Lyla Kade at 6 months

Lyla Kade is now 15 pounds! She is in the 30-40th percentile in head, height and weight. And so far, we haven't been to the doctor except for well visits. She sleeps from 6:45-7:30 or 8 every night. Eats a LOT! Can't stand sitting still. LOVES to be played with. LOVES LOVES LOVES messing with her brother. Has discovered Hide and Seek. Yesterday while she was playing in her room, she crawled up under her crib and laughed like crazy when I found her. TOO FUNNY!

Lyla Kade has to be the sweetest little thing I could ever imagine having. She gives kisses and makes the sweetest "mmmm" sound when she does it. She sucks her pointer and middle finger when she's tired. She loves my hair to hang down and tickle her face when I give her kisses. Every single day I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such a sweet baby. And EASY. I think I won the Easy Baby Lottery or something. Seriously, God must have know how bad I need sleep when my babies were growing. Two thumbs up to the big guy!

I was cringing inside today when my doctor was going over all the developmental milestones to expect in the next three months. I seriously had to keep reminding myself that growing up is what we WANT! Growing is good. I don't want a developmentally stunted baby. I don't. I don't. I don't. She need to grow. She needs to grow. But a bigger part of me wanted to ask the doctor how to stop it. Because right now she is PERFECT. She doesn't talk back, she doesn't go too far, she doesn't fight eating, bedtime or anything. I make her day just by smiling at her. And she makes mine when she smiles back. She is perfect and I love it. And I feel like I'm fighting time trying to keep her as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment