Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting older. AGAIN.

Another month has flown by! It has been a month of pure joy! Since Lyla's 6 month birthday, we have been enjoying out time being settled in our new house. This past month has been much more calm and relaxed and HAPPY and has allowed me to spend time absorbing all that Lyla Kade has to offer.

Lyla is so so so sweet. I don't know if it's just because she is a girl, but she just seems SWEETER than Carson, and he was pretty darn sweet. She is content being held and cuddled, but as of lately, would much rather be crawling EVERY where! She's not quiet up on all fours yet, which is FINE! I want this one to develop MUCH slower... MUCH MUCH SLOWER. But, she won't go as slow as I'd like her to. One day, she'll take off and never look back. And it's ok. I'll be sad and proud all at the same time.

I have said to Josh on several occasions, "I just feel so DIFFERENT about Lyla. I don't love her more or less, the love is the same, I just feel DIFFERENT." I wish I could explain the difference. Again, is it b/c she is a girl, or because she's my last, or because I am older and more appreciative of the little moments? I don't know. But it is different, it's special, and I am thankful daily for the different feelings I have with each child.

Having a crawler is easier this time around for a number of reasons, main one being, I never have to wonder where she crawled off to thanks to Carson. If Lyla gets one foot out of the living room, Carson is running to me wanting me to "Come see that Lyla". I don't know if he's telling on her, or proud, or just looking out. Whatever, it's nice.

Our big obstacle that we are trying to work out is a way for Lyla to stay up past 6:30. I know WHY? Well, I'm tired of being home that early for one. But mainly b/c she has started waking up at 6 and I don't like that. I have to pump, shower, get ready and I don't want to get up before 6 to do that... So, we are working on things.

Because I have time tonight, thanks to OU basketball being on TV and because I haven't really put many pics of Lyla up on this blog, I am going to take my favorite pic from every month to show how far she has come.

Coming home


1 months



2 months



3 months



4 months



6 months



7 months

No comments:

Post a Comment