Thursday, November 4, 2010

HUGE THANK YOU to my friend Mandy!

Well, it's only been a week, but I can say, that my sorority sister Mandy, has changed life, well the dinner time and grocery shopping part anyway.

You see, I don't mind cooking, but I NEVER have everything I need. And what I DO mind is making my grocery list. My "staples" list is covered, thanks to my friend Lauren's idea, but my MEALS. THOSE I HATE! I am TERRIBLE at coming up with ideas, I HATE looking through cookbooks! Long instructions overwhelm me and make me not want to cook. PLUS, all I know how to cook is FATTENING! But, I had to start cooking at home, we are now paying the mortgage and bills for two houses, so we have to save MONEY.

SO, I went where everyone goes for advice these days, Facebook. I asked mom's for easy, cheap recipes and that's when Mandy told me about e-mealz.com!

Here I found menus for two, available to download weekly, with weight watchers points already calculated and SHOPPING LISTS ready for the grocery store of choice, Walmart...WELL, NOT OF MY CHOICE, there are others... And it gets better! The list are EASY to shop from because they are in order. AND the meals are GOOD! My two year old has never eaten better! Even my husband likes it! There are "MAN MEALS" like BBQ Chicken sandwhiches. OH! And I can feed my family of three 5 meals (with sides and all! and some lunches due to left overs) for $40!!!! We can't even eat one meal for that out...

Thanks to Mandy, I set a personal record. Well, two. First, I cooked FOUR nights in a row! Even after work. The meals are quick and if I can do it, well, let me just admit, if I can do it, Carson could probablly do it...if he could reach the stove. Second, we haven't ordered in or gone to a resturant all week!

So, if you hate cooking, but want to feed your family tasty meals that aren't too fattening for not too much money in not too much time, check it out!!!

http://e-mealz.com

THANKS MANDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment