Tuesday, November 30, 2010

In the closet

You know how it is when you move into a new house, people are always coming in and out of your house, installing things, delivering things or just stopping by to see the house. Well, when all this was going on for us, I started pumping in my closet so that I could have some privacy. A couple of weeks later Josh told me I COULD come out of the closet to pump, but I told him no. See, I kinda started liking it. It is not comfortable, I sit on the floor, but my closet is cozy, and bright and roomy. My time in the closet has become my time to return emails for work, to check facebook, lately, to read catalogs or magazines. My time in the closet has given me a break from the chaos and the "MAMA's". PUMPING is the only time I sit and relax during the day, and I am STILL being productive...It has been nice and peaceful. Well, let me rephrase, it WAS nice and peaceful.

Lyla wakes me up every morning when she starts squeaking. After sharing a room with her for a few months, Josh and I know that her squeaks don't mean she is awake, but means she will be soon. SO, when she starts to squeak, I get up to pump so that I can be done when she wakes. Well, I guess she has been waking quicker lately, because now my peaceful time in the morning to take care of business has now become a family "FUN TIME." Josh has been going to get Lyla, and bringing her into the closet. I'm not sure why. Carson has FINALLY started getting out of bed on his own, so he is even joining. So there I am, mid pumping sessions, changing a diaper with one hand becuase the other is holding on the "pummps" and a two, almost three year old on my lap and my husband lying on the floor next to us....

And the funny thing is, I don't mind. It makes me laugh every morning. My whole family one by one, joining me on the closet floor. Laughing, hugging and kissing. Besides, who needs peace and quiet when you can have family pumping sessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment