Friday, February 25, 2011

just a little rant...

I can't even count the number of people who come to my house and ask me for paper towels and I say "I don't buy them" and then they give me a puzzled look. Too many. That's all I know. It took my husband a while also. But I think paper towels are such a waste. Like diapers. We spend money on them, get them dirty, then throw them away. Makes no sense to me. So I don't buy them. I'd like to use cloth diapers too, but my husband is NOT into that. He's still adjusting after five years to life without paper towels. What do we use? RAGS. CLOTH napkins. We use them, wash them, and put them back in the drawer. Easy. And cheaper. I feel the same way about paper plates, plastic silverware, plastic cups...

Two things about this made me laugh today. One, when I was young I used to SWEAR to my mom that I'd NEVER do dishes b/c I'd NEVER use ANYTHING but paper plates. Well, now I have nice dishes and cloth napkins of my own and I don't understand not using them. Second, I have a WHOLE CABINET FULL of paper products! Really? HOW?

No comments:

Post a Comment