Friday, February 11, 2011

What have I become?

The snow has really put a damper on things around here... Having all the snow days has been great in many ways, don't get me wrong. I had a ball last week playing w Carson in the snow. But enough already!!! I have totally lost control of so many routines in my life. Especially cleaning the house. I mean, I have cleaned and cleaned on it, but when we are home ALL THE TIME I just can't KEEP it clean. It's dumb. Plus, there is the side of me that's sayin "It's a snow day, let things go". Well, we've had almost two weeks of them now and well, that "let it go" mentality has crept into my eating habits, my workout habits, my laundry habits and my personal hygiene habits... first shower since MONDAY this morning... I mean really, I'm turning into a sloth.

And what's funny, is we've had all this time to get into projects that need to be done, but there is something about too much free time that messes me all up. I don't function well when I just have all the time in the world. I feel useless and lazy. I like being BUSY. I've been doing OK keeping up with work. I have deadlines I've set for myself there, it's just every other aspect. It's not pretty.

So rather than tackling the mess and try to make things nice and clean for the weekend, I'm thinking "why bother?" it will ALL just get messy again within an hour of the kids waking up. Pick up the toys? Why? Laundry? Why?

Speaking of laundry, I don't even know how we have so much. I mean last time I changed clothes before this morning was Monday night (I know DISGUSTING! Oh wait, I threw on some jeans the other day for an hour or so since we had COMPANY) And my kids have just been in PJ's. And Josh can't wear THAT much just to work, most of his things are dry cleaned anyway, so where is it coming from???? Oh and we have trash coming out of our ears, well garage, since the trash service was delayed due to our snow packed neighborhood. So really Kendall. Get off your butt and DO SOMETHING!!!


I'm sure I will in a moment. Or maybe I'll wait until Sunday and get it all done for the week ahead. The week ahead where there is NO SNOW in the forecast!!!! I am so ready to get back to "normal"~

No comments:

Post a Comment