Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Carson AND Dillon's Weekend of Firsts...

I was VERY tired this night...


We continued the weekend with Dillon's arrival at 3:30AM Friday night. For those of you who know my brother, I'm sure you know that he had planned on arriving at midnight...but this time it wasn't his fault! He got stuck in construction... twice...ANYWAY, Dillon brought gifts for #2 from my Dad so I had a mini baby shower in the middle of the night. I think my dad bought everything in Dillard's! THANKS DAD!!! Needless to say, I believe we have enough clothes for the first 3-6 months! Unless she grew a wee wee that we are unaware of.

Saturday we got up and around, I had a baby shower for a friend in Katy, I had to leave early b/c I felt bad Dillon was here alone and I about passed out while there (I haven't been able to eat much- explain later). After getting some nutrition in my body, Josh took me to see my dream house, which was kinda mean... then Dillon needed to practice and Carson needed to sleep, so Uncle D babysat while Josh and I went to get the rest of our things off our registry that we felt we needed now. When we got back, we got ready and took off to take Carson to his first NBA game. We started with Sushi then headed downtown. Again, he had a ball and was very well behaved. He learned to yell "Shoot it!" and "Come on!" and "Defense!". So we had two nights in a row of a good time! And, only way it would have been better was if I wasn't pregnant... (noticing a theme?)

On Sunday, Dillon joined in on the "weekend of firsts". We had been planning on going to the beach, but when Dillon remembered NASA was in Houston, and the 12 year old in love with Apollo 13 came out in him. So we went. We got to see all the cool NASA things and Carson got to play in a really cool play area. Another good day. But the first continue...

Dillon prepared dinner for us! Well, Josh cooked it on the grill, but D got it all prepped. And he learned what Worcestershire sauce was (I can't spell that b/c I can't SAY it either). We had a great time at our families 1st annual Daylight Savings Time Celebration! We all feel that the extra hours of sunlight at night are worthy of celebration...

Monday, Dillon had more firsts. I had a doctors appointment, so Dillon took care of Carson. His first time to care for a child! Carson had his first con when he convinced Dillon that I give him root beer for lunch, Dillon got to change his first diaper, Dillon found out that poop is sometimes present in those diapers, AND he even put the diaper back on! Backwards... but like Dillon said, "It was on his butt!". That evening, D's first continued when he learned what a sweet potato was. REALLY??? He had only seen them in their more unhealthy form on Thanksgiving and thought they were orange b/c of the sauce... He had his first Fat Tire beer, and perhaps, judging by his response, his first bowls of Raisin Bran... I know sheltered right?

On Tuesday he left...Carson cried...I was bored...but we had a great time together! I realized while D was here, that we hadn't gotten to spend ANY time with just Dillon and my family since Carson was born. And since Dillon is essentially his only aunt/uncle, I'm REALLY glad that they got to bond! So, Dillon, get your China trip over and get back down here!









No comments:

Post a Comment