Tuesday, March 30, 2010

They say a change will do you good...

I think Josh and I may have taken this song to heart as teenagers a little too much- we were talking the other day about why we never seem to just be content to sit and enjoy where we are in life and we then realized that it must be due to our lives since high school- since Josh left home in 1996, he has lived in 12 places (maybe more, but I can remember those) and since 1998 I have lived in 14 different places... And neither one of us are counting the summers we took everything we owned with us to live at Dwight Mission (our summer camp we worked at). We also realized that since 2004 we have had SIX different cars. We haven't even kept our dog count the same or my hair the same color, and now we're having another child... Guess things got too "normal" around here.

Funny thing is most people don't really like change, but we seem to be OBSESSED with it. And we don't just the little things- we are talking the BIG things, HOMES, CARS, CHILDREN, what happened to just changing the wall color? (which I have done since moving here also). This "issue" impacts our job choices as well. I can't STAND doing the same thing everyday at a job. Which makes finding a job pretty tough... Josh can't either. I am horrible at a daily routine- which is probably why being a stay at home mom has been SOOOO hard for me. Josh is too, which results in us blowing off a home cooked meal regularly to just "go" wherever.

Realizing all this has made me wonder just how messed up we are...why don't we just feel content. We DO feel VERY lucky, but we always seem to be planning the next step, planning for next year, next week, or our "new" or "different" whatever...oh well, at least we haven't changed spouses yet...

And speaking of change, our next life change will be here BY April 16th. Which isn't very far away, but the way I feel right now makes it seem like FOREVER! I have been having contractions (Braxton Hicks) which are SOOO annoying because it leaves me ALWAYS wondering if it's "time". I have STARTED to dilate, which is encouraging because with Carson I didn't start anything till week 40. So who knows, maybe she'll come tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment