Monday, April 19, 2010

Cautiously bragging

Ever since I began telling people that I was having a second baby, I have heard "you know your second won't be as easy as Carson was right?" I have told these people, that I was sure they were right, but that I couldn't listen to them and feel good about my decision at the same time. So, in the back of my mind I have been fearing the wrath of the second child. Especially the first night home. You see, I couldn't imagine having a worse first night than I did with Carson. We cried ALL NIGHT LONG. He would NOT eat, sleep or even lay in my arms without screaming. In fact, the only one sleeping that night, was Josh. Who slept through it all. He said he was tired from staying in the hospital.............. you can imagine the dialogue that went through my head about THAT that night.......

Anyway, we came home from the hospital yesterday (a day early YEAH!) and I began bracing myself for the worst. Of course, I was more prepared. Josh had not been allowed to stay at the hospital this time, he was to be rested. We also had an agreement about each of our roles at night. So I was ready. Braced for impact. Ready for the devil to be released in my baby that was as sweet as an angel in the hospital.

But it never happened. She ate off and on from 6pm till 10pm and then went to bed. In her pack-n-play. Josh set the alarm to get her up in three hours, so he did. He changed her and brought her to me. And she ate for about 1 minute, then fell back asleep. So Josh got back up and put her back in bed. Three hours later, we repeated the same routine, and she fell asleep again. So we put her back down. Then at SIX AM she actually woke up. Josh got her, changed her and brought her to me. She ate. And she ate well. She then fell asleep so Josh put her back down. No crying. No fussing. And no thoughts of divorce.

Now, I'm still bracing myself for impact. I mean, everyone thought Carson was such an easy baby and told me that Lyla would be so much harder. But at the moment, I can't help but to think, "HA HA! TOLD YA SO! I KNEW I COULD HAVE TWO EASY BABIES!"

Now, since I said that, I do swear to admit when my sweet baby girl becomes possessed by the baby demons. But for now, I'm just thankful for a good first night home and for the fact that I am a well rested mom of a new baby!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment