Friday, April 23, 2010

One week down!

Well, it's been a week since Lyla arrived. And I just can't begin to describe the difference between this time and last. First off, I have showered EVERY day. And have even been fixing my hair! WHAT??? I'm not sure I even did that before she was born. Last time I think Carson stopped crying long enough for me to get ONE shower in on day FIVE and there was defiantly no hair fixing or make up involved! In fact, I have even painted my finger nails!!! I don't think I have done that for years! I have been getting about 8 hours of sleep EVERY night, last time I think I got 8 hours in the first week combined. My kids nap at the same time so I get 2.5-3 hours of peace every afternoon, last time if C napped this early it was because I was holding him. I am nursing successfully, last time I gave up on day three. Pretty much opposite, like everyone said. It's just that everyone also said Carson was an easy baby. Didn't think it would get EASIER. I am just SO blessed.

However, I was hoping for a week "off" from normal household duties, but Josh's clients didn't really get the memo that he was out for the week so he has been having to work a LOT and I have been taking care of most things still. BOO! Can't a girl get a break after 9 months of misery? LOL! Oh well, Josh has been helping when he can and has been a big help with Carson, which is most important.

Josh has been FANTASTIC at night. He has been getting up every feeding (all of TWO each night) to change her diapers, and to bring her to me and to help me to get situated. Last night he even set up and watched some TV with me, after all, Lyla only woke us up ONCE last night, at 4:30am, so we were really pretty rested. Lyla and I then slept till almost 9. NINE!!!!!!! WHAT?????? WHO IS THIS KID???? I hope she's not autistic. (always my concern any time my kids are too good).

By the way, I meant to say diaperS, because if there is one thing this baby has down it is bad timing. I swear she only likes to poop in a fresh diaper. One night, Josh changed three in a row. We were laughing like crazy. Well, the best laugh I could produce anyway.

Again, I just feel so blessed. For such a sweet baby, for a healthy baby, for Carson who is adjusting well and who LOVES his baby sister SO much and for my husband who is working overtime right now to take care of us in every way he can. And for friends who have been bringing meals to make sure we are eating. What a great beginning to this new adventure!

1 comment: