Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Say WHAT???

I have had this reaction to several things this week...

First, Monday was my first day on my own. And of course, I didn't get to just get up and enjoy my morning, I had to get up and get two kids fed, dressed, Carson's lunch packed, myself dressed and out the door by 8:30 for C to get to school on time. And did I mention it was the morning after Lyla had her first hard night? Of COURSE! Anyway, we managed, with 20 minutes to spare! Say what?

Monday also included Lyla's two(ish) week check up. And she is doing great! She was down to 6.6 the Monday before but this Monday she was back up to 7lb even. Guess she really is getting what she needs, even when she sleeps a long time at night.

Then came Tuesday... I had survived my first day alone with two and a still somewhat sore c-section incision, then I got to find out that I would be following my first day alone with my first NIGHT alone. It's now Wednesday and I haven't seen Josh really since Monday night since I was dead to the world when he tried to tell me bye Tuesday. Say what???

Tuesday also included my incision check in the Medical district. Since I can't carry Lyla in her carrier and Carson didn't have school, I was really wondering how I was gonna do this without any restraints... But my friend Aubrey saved the day when she said she would come stay with Carson. YEA! THANK YOU AUBREY! Taking Lyla alone was a breeze. Stuck her in my sling and she slept through the whole appointment. Getting taken on and off and everything.

Then the BIGGEST "SAY WHAT" news came... I had to weigh at my appointment and I have lost all my pregnancy weight plus a pound!!!! And I haven't even stopped eating like I'm pregnant yet. Now those of you who know me well know why I'm SO excited. You all know I had to train for and run a whole marathon to get C's weight off. Sixteen MONTHS and 26.2 later, it was gone. But this time I just breast fed. And exercised throughout. And it just came off. By day 11!!! SAY WHAT????

Now, does my lower stomach look good? Well, NO, still swollen and sagging, but I'll work on that later!

1 comment:

  1. AHH!!! So jealous! I cannot wait to have Cole. I just pray that I'm like you and don't have little kids still looking at me and saying, "Wo".

    ReplyDelete