Wednesday, July 14, 2010

But WAIT! There's more!

In all the excitement and nervousness of my lunch hour I forgot to elaborate on the part that has ME most excited. Like so excited that sometimes I wanna cry excited. I get to teach full-time at SSC again!!!!! There really aren't enough exclamation points to describe how happy I am about this. I have been fortunate enough to have only two full-time jobs, both of which I LOVED, both of which I resigned from and both of which I've returned to. And they say you can never go home!

The day I left SSC was the day that I realized just how much I LOVED the job. I always knew it was a good job, with great hours, great flexibility as a mom and great co-workers that treated each other like family, but I realized my last day as I drove home and found myself crying, that I LOVED that job.

While in Katy, I've had to TRY to ignore the "happenings" at SSC so that I do not get sad all over again. I've tried to stay in the loop the best I can, but lets face it, if you're not there, your not in. I've continued teaching online and like it, but it's so different. I really like students. Even the ones that I really don't like, I like, in a strange way. And I really really miss being in the classroom. And I get to go back!!!

I am so thankful to those who allowed this to happen. The new role will be a little different. When I left I was the only psyc instructor that was full-time now there will be 2.5. (our division splits one lady's time with another dept.) Needless to say, I viewed it as "my" program and that will change. But I couldn't be more excited not to be on my own with one of the largest class loads on campus. AND, I get to help out my good pal Tracy J with Sociology classes! That will be a ton of fun and I'm excited for that challenge.

So, I'm excited. About so many things. And thankful for so many more!

PS. Things went GREAT with Josh and his boss today. We are both feeling SO much relief AND he gets to keep working for a few weeks, so I'm not needing lodging. Yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment