Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Love You to the Moon!

This saying came from the book Guess How Much I Love You. For those who aren't familiar, Little Nutbrown Hare, (who Josh's loving refers to as Little Brown Nut Hair) tells his Big Nutbrown Hare how much he loves him/her, and it ends with saying "I love you to the moon". So Carson and I now say this to each other. And it's the sweetest thing ever to hear "Love you to moon mama" whispered in my ear. It absolutly melts my heart. I love it. He rules. But I have a question. How does that sweet boy go from melting my heart with his love to the moon one minute, to making me want to throw him to the moon the next????

Needless to say Carson is gettign GOOOODDDD at throwing fits. And he has a snotty nose right now, so he's getting the snot down the face action in also. So, now, at least once a day, my sweet loving boy transforms into a screaming, snot eatting, red-faced, mumbling alien that has me looking for the spaceship that dropped him off.

It reminds me of another book, "I Love You Stinky Face." In this book the little boy asks his mom if she'd still love him if here were a variety of things, a meat eatting dinosaur, a monster with one eye, a smelly skunk, and with each she replys I would love you. Well, I tell you, if there was one more page in that book that read "But mama! But mama! What if I were a screaming, snot eatting, red-faced, mumbling alien, would you love me then?" Mama would have replied, "No. Now go to your room for THINKING about becoming that!"

Loving your child is something that you do no matter what. But somedays, loving them TO the moon might be the way to go. Maybe they'll come back normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment