Friday, September 24, 2010

Bummer!

Last Monday my back went out. Worse than ever. Last time it went out when I was pregnant with Lyla, I though THAT was the worst ever, but this time was by FAR worse. I was straight up crooked. And all I did was sneeze. Anyway, went to doctor when I was even more crooked two days later, had an MRI two days after that, and went in to talk to the doctor about my results today. Good news and bad news.

Bad news is I have degenerative disc disease on my L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1 with ruptures in L4-5 and L5-S1 and an annular tear in L4-5. What ever that means...What it means to me is no more marathons. BOO! Doctor said this type of degeneration (?) is usually only seen on severely overweight people and older, not someone of my size and age. He then asked if I tumbled and cheered growing up... yep... He says that is probably why it started. He also explained that this was why my pregnancies sucked SO BAD. Glad to know I wasn't crazy...As for repairing my back, it won't happen. But I can get epidurals to take away the swelling and relieve pain. However, I'm considering passing on that for now. It is getting better everyday. Since it won't fix it, I'd soon not have a needle in my back...again... Plus, with the two mortgages I don't really want to spend the extra money. We have health insurance and all, but still 20%...That is not included in my budget...

I can continue to run, but only 15-20 miles per week. And my half scheduled for November was cut...

Good news, no surgery. That's all...

2 comments:

  1. where is the not cool button? sorry honey. elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no. i am so sad to hear that. take good care of yourself!!!! those back problems can be the worst!

    ReplyDelete