Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A small miracle...

Getting out of the house in time for work should really result in some type of reward or SOMETHING for us moms, because I swear it is a small miracle that it happens. At all. Here's how the day goes.

First, I am currently sleeping on the floor due to my back (hardwood...awesome). SO either my alarm, or my husband (when I forget my alarm due to being drugged the night before) wakes me up. I usually say "Crap" about 15 times on my way to get my pumps either due to waking up late OR due to the pain in my back. EIther way, I wabble into the bathroom, where I sit on my sons stool he uses to pee with, and pump. For 15 minutes. Then I take the worlds fastest shower and attempt to get my makeup on in the mirror that is completly fogged over b/c my husband is now in the shower. I comb through my wet hair and loose at least a handful daily. "CRAP" I top toe into the room my husband is sharing with my daughter, quietly to get clothes to get myself dressed. I then head to the kitchen to pack Carson's lunch and snack.

By then Lyla wakes up, I go change her, get her dressed. Lay her on floor to play, then Carson has to get up, dressed, and fed. Carson likes to do EVERYTHING "MINE SELF" so it take FOREVER. We get two kids in the kitchen, we make two bowls of oatmeal, one baby, one big kid, usually while both scream or "talk" to us. Carson USUALLY feeds himself, but my mom likes to feed him, so getting fed has become his new thing...Thanks mom... We then get C a drink for the road, make L's bottle for my mom to give to her, I look all around and make sure I didn't forget anything, two showers, two adults dressed, make-up kinda on, two diapers changed, two babies dressed, two breakfasts made, one lunch, one snack, pack diapers, pack spare clothes, get big bun, pack pumps for work, check check CHECK- so I head out the door, feeling like a super mom for getting all that done in an hour.

I load up C in the car, with backpack, lunchbox, big bun and blank. I get into my car, look around and realize I forgot MY breakfast, which is a shake, because I don't have time to chew. So, I run into the house and grab it, get back in the car, "Crap! I left my coffee Josh made me", so I run back in for that. Get back in car, "CRAP! Cell phone!" Back inside. Once I go back in 2-4 times, I really think I have it all together now. So I back out of the driveway. A little bit down the road I look up, mascara all over face, wipe it off, take the time to do a sniff test to make sure my deoderant got on, b/c my hair sure didn't get fixed, as I raise one arm I look, "CRAP! Baby oatmeal on my watch. Oh well. All dried on now". About then Carson finishes his drink and "CANT" hold it any longer, so I almost wreck trying to reach back for the cup to put in the cup holder while holding a hot cup of coffee b/c my cup holders are too small for MY drink.

An hour later we get to C's school. We unload backpack, lunchbox, big bun and blank and walk into school. He is always very sweet. He hugs me and kisses me bye and carries on. Then I get back in my car for another 20 minute drive to MY school. Get into my office, papers are all over the floor due to students turning things in late. Sit down to have my breakfast, "CRAP!" left it in the car. BACK out to the parking lot, get breakfast, enter grades, check emails. THEN, I feel like I can start my day.

3 comments:

  1. Whew!! Passing this on to my friends who are moms. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds about right!
    Now you can understand a couple of things: First, this is why God gives small children to *young* adults; and Second, after a few more years of this routine you'll *totally* understand why most adults your parents age are usually exhausted and a little bit neurotic!
    Love you all and hope to see you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This SOOOOO sounds like me every day! I run back into the house about 5 times like that bc I keep forgetting things and I never have time to eat either! And I wonder why I keep having these mini panic attacks?!?!? It´s our Type A personality - trying to do everything and do it all the very best. It´s so so hard to find balance. It´s really tough being a mommy! I´m glad we´re in this together!

    ReplyDelete